Sunday, October 7, 2012

I want to apply for British Citizenship‏

I want to apply for British Citizenship‏?
I want to apply for British Citizenship‏? Dear Sir, We are living in Qatar My mother is British citizen births She was born in Colony of Aden , in yemen1954 and she have a British passport I want to apply for British Citizenship Because my mother was a British Subject a Citizen of United Kingdom and Colonies by virtue of Birth. Her Birth Certificate is of Colony of Aden. ,can it possible my mother to give us the British passport for us to her children, we are 3 brothers, We are born in Qatar and We are students Im her daughter, I'm 25 years old and my brothers two one 21 years and the other old 23 years old, Accordance with the new citizenship law of 1983 : and The colonies If you have a British mother :- Children born abroad after 1982 to British mothers or to British fathers before or after 1983 :- Those born abroad to a British father, or born after 1982 need not pay any nationality registration fees or undergo a good character check or attend a civil ceremony as they are considered automatically British and can apply for a passport directly through the Identity and Passport Services (IPS). This difference in application for a passport and also nationality has been criticisied by the National Council for Civil Liberties on the basis of alleged discrimination on the basis of age and gender based on descent through a mother or a father I solicit your kind advice and guidance in regard for confirming my eligibility 1) Does that matter need a lawyer or does not need Please advice me and what we do? 2) Are we her children deserve a British passport because of my mother British Nationality ? 3) Should we go to the British Embassy in QATAR with my mother ? My mother's have British passport Because she Born of British colonys And also it is right to give her children British nationality, but a friend of my mother she is a British from colonys in Yemen, almost the same as my mother In the last year she Gave her children a British citizenship from the British Embassy in Qatar By legal counsel lawyer and her children over the age 35 years and All of them are married and have children Please what we do? We are students study the university should we have talk to a lawyer ? and also my grandfather and my grandmother from my father British citizenship by naturalization, And also my uncles and aunts all British Nationality and they live in England but my Father only does not have British citizenship and now my grandfather died, but we have her British passport dis my father Deserves the British citizenship? Because all of her family All British Can we get permanent residency in uk And my older brother he is also a British he born in England in 1982 and he has a British passport and have been living in England, Can he bring his family to the uk i hope to help as Is it possible that we deserve British citizenship ?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes
2 :
Call the embassy and ask.
3 :
The key point is this - your mother would have been a British Subject and Citizen of the UK and Colonies at birth but has she lost it? She probably did on the independence of Aden in 1967. The status of Citizen of the UK and Colonies was abolished in 1983 with the new law that you know about and now, a British citizen can only be one who was born in the UK or who has a mother or father born in the UK. Sorry but I don't think you are one. Another point - before 1983, only a British father married to the mother could pass on CUKC status. Mothers didn't count.



Read more discussions:

Search News