Monday, September 7, 2009

Is it ok if my wife is living with me in Yemen until I get my US immigrant visa or does she have to be in USA

Is it ok if my wife is living with me in Yemen until I get my US immigrant visa or does she have to be in USA?
I am living in Yemen and have applied for a US immigrant visa. So now I am waiting for my interview to be scheduled. My wife is American and she will be living with me here in Yemen until I hopefully get my immigrant visa and we will travel to the US together. Is it ok if my wife is living with me here in Yemen or does she have to be in the United States until I am interviewed and get my immigrant visa? Thanks!
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
She can live in Yemen, but must make herself available when required for interview.
2 :
She can live where ever she likes, so long as the country she's living in lets her. There's nothing in US law that says she has to live in the United States. So your real question is: Will Yemen allow her to stay there until you can move to the US? That one, I don't know.
3 :
Try this website: www.uscis.gov Any website w/ com at end is just trying to make $.
4 :
Yes, it's ok, as long as she's going with you after you get the visa. you can't go without her if she's not already in America. actually having her live with you in Yemen may well be considered good evidence that you have a real relationship.






Read more discussions :

Search News