Saturday, August 1, 2009

Want to Publish Star Wars Fan Fic

Want to Publish Star Wars Fan Fic?
I am just in the planning stages of writing my own work of fiction regarding Star Wars. The ultimate goal being to publish it. I don't plan on mass publishing but just designing a cover and just publishing it for myself. Do I still have to contact Lucasfilm or do I have to write to George Lucas to ask for permission? If so, where can I do so? I looked on both Lucasfilm and Star Wars websites and couldn't find a contact us place. I found a thing for business inquiries but wasn't sure if my email would be catergorized as that. I have to email, since I live in Yemen and shipping rates even for a peice of paper is about 50 dollars or more to send to the US.
Books & Authors - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can not legally publish this without the written consent of Lucasfilm. If you direct an inquiry to the legal department and sent it to any of the contact people on lucasfilm.com it will probably be directed properly.
2 :
Since, Star Wars is owned by George Lucas, you must get his permission before doing anything with His characters, storyline, vehicles, or anything less dealing with "Star Wars". You have to contact Lucas Licensing: http://corporateaffiliations.ecnext.com/comsite5/bin/corporateaffiliations_pdlanding.pl?item_id=377924&referid=5592&pdlanding=1







Read more discussions :

Search News