Monday, June 14, 2010

How to organize my kitchen

How to organize my kitchen?
OK.So i live in Yemen and the design of the houses is strange to me as i am an American. The bedrooms don't have closets the bathrooms don't have linen closets or medicine cabinets. The kitchen is my biggest problem there are no cabinets. when i moved in there was just a sink. I had to buy all of the appliances. With that said, i don't have cabinets and i would like to know how to organize my kitchen without cabinets. where to store can goods, dishes, dry foods etc. right now i have everything piled on top of the fridge. another note my kitchen is very small. i don't know exactly the size but if i stretch my arms out i only have a little room left on both sides. PLEASE HELP
Other - Home & Garden - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is there any place where you can buy open shelves...kind of like a book case...??? It isn't our American standard, but better than stacking things on top of your refrigerator.
2 :
I say then put a cabinet in the closest room to the kitchen to store your stuff in. Put shelves in the kitchen where you can reach and get to things. Buy a little step stool to reach high shelves. If you have under sink storage...use that for the pots and pans.
3 :
Well I am not in Yemen but I live in an old apartment (townhouse in USA) which has the same problem. When I opened the Fridge door I couldn't open my dish washer, I also had to use a small round picnic table to place me microwave on. One great solution I found was to rearrange the spot where my fridge was. I moved my fridge from one corner to another which gave me space to place an iron 4 tier stand (usually used in garages) which holds my microwave, blender, toaster, mini electrical grill, and all my pantry stuff. I even use it sometimes as a spot to place my canister set, which make it look elegant. I am happy with this change and will be moving soon, the stand can be disassembled and used in my next apartment or house as storage devise. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!



Read more discussions:

Search News